Thursday, November 09, 2006

Don't date him, grrrl


Tonight I went to my favorite little cafe to enjoy a yummy salad and wine, and watch the tango dancers, and I saw a perfect candidate for the website Don't Date Him, Girl.

These two were obviously on a date. It was a sort of 50-somthing couple, dressed to impress (she, voluptuous in a hot pink fitted top, black circle skirt, high heeled slippers revealing her perfect pedicure, well managed face and hair; he sort of suave, like Don Johnson with the color turned off).

I was sitting at the next table. They had a bottle of wine and were flirting and giggling. They danced (they didn't know how to tango) and then went out for some fresh air. I saw them through the window chatting with two youngish women (like, late 20's) who were eating dinner outside.

A little bit later, the woman came back in and sat... and sat... and sat... alone at her table. I finished my dinner and decided to leave. On my way out, I saw Mr. Johnson sitting outside with the two younger women, flirting and teasing them and having a great time while his date sat inside... waiting.

I wanted to tell him what an ass he was...

****


When I googled boyfriend from hell, I found a T-shirt that says "I taught your boyfriend that thing you like."

Now that's just mean.

5 comments:

Winston said...

I used to work for a guy named Mr. Johnson. He was an ass, too. I'm ready to put a link to your blog, from our blog, if you are ready. Just give the word.

LesleyRamsey said...

okey dokey! link away!

Enrique said...

It wasn't me, I swear!!!

LesleyRamsey said...

Yes, I know Sweetie. He didn't look anything like you.

LesleyRamsey said...

ha ha ha ha ha!!! I'm leaving myself a comment because I can't stop laughing that I posted a picture of Lorne as the demon boyfriend. I never heard of Lorne when I posted this blog! awesome...