Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hey! I found something to blog about!

Does the "world" care about my garden? Probably not... but I feel the need to write about it and I think this just might be the perfect place to do so. It even fits in with the over all theme.

I've never had a hobby before. But I wake up and I want to come out to my garden.
I want to see what's grown... or what's been eaten, and by what. I want to sit down and pull weeds, methodically, one by one. I want to look at every little plantie and see if there's a new flower or a veggie.

Since some things were already there in my garden, it's also been fun to see what "weeds" pop up. These are things deliberately planted by the former occupant/gardener. There's some kind of persisent little vine that wants to come up. I've replanted it somewhere else as landscaping. Maybe it will grow there and be something. Also, I never saw purple shamrock before, but that came up on its own. I bought some more and now have started a purple shade garden beneath the magnolia tree. It has the shamrocks, purple heart (formerly known as wandering Jew), and purple and green bugleweed -- so cute.

The magnoilia tree has so many buds! I can't wait for it to bloom.

So, I will keep posting updates about my garden on FaceBook, because it's fun to get the comments and advice. But I'll also be writing here. I'm learning things from this garden. It's probably the most yogic or zen thing I've done. And it's so healing.

No comments: