Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Samsara and the Conundrum of Hope


Last night I was thinking about hope and the problem of "reality." The whole idea of hope becomes absurd within the context of reality as illusion. Hell--you can hope for anything! What where will that get you?

My (illusory) reality is so full of holes (that I know are there) that I could be sitting in one right now and not even know it. The holes are gaps in knowledge that I fill in based on ... what? Experience? Conjecture? Outright fantasy?

What happens when you pin your future to hopes that are rooted in the black hole of knowledge gaps that may or may not be there?

3 comments:

pineapple said...

holy shit. don't mindfuck me like that anymore. doing day to day shit is hard enough!

Intergalactic Stacey said...

This is definitely complex thinking! Even though I don't listen, I tell myself to try to focus on the here and now only. But it's inevitable that the worries of the future are there.

LesleyRamsey said...

This is (simply) how my brain works.